Two days of everything you need to know to begin or deepen your understanding of billing
Basic & Advanced Billing Classes For Acupuncturists
Basic Billing Class for Acupuncturists
Saturday August 29, 2015 9-5pm
Learn Billing 101 + Be Ready for the ICD-10 Transition
This class will cover BASIC health insurance concepts as they relate to acupuncture benefits and insurance claims. It will also cover the new ICD-10 codes, an upgraded diagnostic & procedural medical coding system which goes into effect Oct 1st!
Benefits of Attending
- Be able to fill out a correct superbill and/or claim forms with accurate codes that reflect the services that were rendered
- Understand how to price fees in accordance with ICD-10 & CPT codes using 15 min increments and code for every service performed
- Understand the basics of insurance, what is a deductible, the difference between a copay and co- insurance, PPOs, HMOs, as well as Health Savings Accounts
- Know how to keep accurate records of claims submitted as well as how to process a claim electronically
These are important things to know for your professional development and your practice!
Basic class flyer (PDF)
Click the REGISTER button at bottom of the grey box. Please LOGIN if you are a member before regisitering to ensure you see the best rates.
Advanced Billing Class for Acupuncturists
Sunday August 30, 2015 9-5pm
Become a Master of Insurance Documentation
This advanced billing class focuses heavily on insurance related documentation including tips on how to get results!
Take this class if you want to
- write progress notes that document medical necessity - including using outcome assessments and how to write a treatment plan
- file a second level appeal when claims are erroneously denied
- get into the VA system, knowing the new VA requirements for providers
- go paperless, how to sign up for ERAs and EFTs
Instructor Mori West, owner of ACUCLAIMS.com, will be sharing the latest information about insurance carriers plus great tips and tricks that come from over 25 years in the business of acupuncture billing. All with the goal of maximizing your reimbursement and helping your practice run as smoothly as possible. Read student testimonials
EARN CEUs If you are a licensed acupuncturist 7 NCCAOM PDA points are approved, per class. Please include your state/lic # when registering
Prerequisites None. However if you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable with insurance claims, billing, or bookkeeping, we suggest you take the Basic Billing Class on Saturday, August 29th first.
Parking at NESA We will email registered attendees information about parking as well as a parking permit closer to the event.
Questions Contact us at email@example.com
REGISTER ONLINE! Pay by credit card or check
- Click the "REGISTER" button at the bottom of the box on the left side of this event page
- Need help? contact our Events Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please choose your registration type carefully
- We have discounted rates for AOMSM members (if logged in) & members of other State Acupuncture Associations
- Save $$$ - choose the "BOTH CLASSES" registration item, DON'T REGISTER FOR EACH SEPARATELY
Cancellation Policy: AOMSM MUST receive all cancellations and changes to registrations in writing at admin@AOMSM.org. You may be able to make a substitution; please notify us as soon as possible. Full refunds are given for cancellations received prior to August 1st. Cancellations received between August 1st and August 18th may or may not receive a full refund as we need a certain amount of students for the class to take place. No refund will be given after August 19th.